Grand Canyon West Reopening Guidelines
The Hualapai Tribe welcomes you back to Grand Canyon West. When you return to our wide-open spaces and grand outdoor adventures, we want you to know what to expect. Your safety and that of our employees is our number one priority, so if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you delay your visit. When you are ready to visit, we ask that you follow these safety, health and wellness guidelines prepared in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local authorities.
GUEST HEALTH & SAFETY
When you arrive at the parking lot at Grand Canyon West and before you board the shuttle to the ticket terminal and attractions, our security team will conduct noninvasive no touch temperature checks with temporal thermometers. They will also gather contact information and ask if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Guests must practice physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or exploring the grounds of Grand Canyon West. Restaurant tables, gift shops and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
Wherever a line may form, guests will find clearly marked floor measurements to ensure physical distancing. Electronic and standard signs will be used for further communication.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances and contact areas such as ticket terminals, Skywalk entrance, restaurant entrances, Hualapai Ranch and Hualapai Lodge reception desks, guest rooms and gift shops.
Masks or protective face coverings are required for all guests and employees. Guests will find health and hygiene reminders throughout the property with instructions on how to properly wear, handle and dispose of masks.
All resort outlets and restaurants will comply with or exceed, local or state-mandated occupancy limits. Restaurants are open with reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of 6 feet between each seated group or party of guests.
Employees will notify a manager if they see a guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms while at the property will be immediately directed towards appropriate medical care.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & SAFETY
All of our employees have received COVID-19 safety and sanitation training and are following these guidelines to keep our guests and each other safe:
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
- Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and will regularly use hand sanitizer that is provided throughout work areas.
- Employees will meet or exceed state and local health authority guidelines on proper physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Employees will use every other workstation to ensure separation between employees whenever possible.
- Employees are trained on the proper use and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE) based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Employees will be provided a mask upon entering their workplace and will wear that mask while on property.
- Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts, including housekeeping, public area attendants and security officers in direct contact with guests.
- Signs will be posted throughout the property to regularly remind employees of the proper way to sneeze, wash hands, avoid touching their faces and use gloves, as well as how to wear, handle and dispose of masks.
Thank you for returning to Grand Canyon West. Together we stand, forever grand.
Read the full press release here.