Grand Canyon West activities and attractions are divided into two areas: the West Rim and Peach Springs.
The West Rim is where you’ll find the world-famous Skywalk, Zipline, helicopter tours, scenic viewpoints, shopping and dining. It’s only a two-hour drive from Las Vegas, Nevada, and four hours from Phoenix, Arizona.
Peach Springs is located along an unspoiled stretch of historic Route 66. It’s about two hours north of Phoenix and is the launch point for Hualapai River Runners’ Colorado River whitewater rafting trips. It’s also the home of the Hualapai Lodge and is a great jumping-off point for hiking, off-roading, fishing, hunting, and more.
Directions to Grand Canyon West
- Take US-95 S out of Vegas. It will turn into US-93 S just before you reach Boulder City, NV.
- Continue on US-93 S to Mohave County (76.6mi)
- Exit onto Pierce Ferry Rd. Continue onto Diamond Bar Rd. until you reach the West Rim (49mi)
- If you’re traveling from a city in Arizona, it’s easiest to get to the West Rim by way of Kingman.
- Once in Kingman, take US-93 N and Pierce Ferry Rd. to Diamond Bar Rd. (58.8mi)
- Follow Diamond Bar Rd to the West Rim (20.2mi)
- Driving Directions to Hualapai River Runners Whitewater Rafting Trips
driving directions To hualapai river Runners
- Take US-93 S until you reach Kingman, AZ (110mi)
- Take exit 53 from I-40 E/US-93 S.
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto AZ-66E/W Historic Rte 66.
- Continue on Route 66 until you reach Peach Springs (46.8mi)
- Take I-17N from Phoenix
- Use right two lanes to take exit 262 for AZ-69N
- Take exit 317 for AZ-89N
- Turn left to merge onto 1-40W
- Take exit 121 for I-40 Business Loop
- Keep right to merge onto Historic Route 66
- Continue to Peach Springs for 36 miles