Rafting trips depart from the Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs, about two hours from the West Rim. When visiting, please keep in mind that Grand Canyon West is in Mountain Standard Time. Be sure to leave early enough to arrive on time for any scheduled tours.
Your trip begins with an hour-long bus from Peach Springs to the Colorado River. Travel on this maintained dirt road is somewhat rough, but you can expect beautiful scenery and occasional wildlife despite the rugged ride. Nothing quite beats the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon coming into view as you make the gradual descent down to the river.
- Two days and one night in the Grand Canyon
- Transportation to and from the Colorado River from the Route 66 Park (across from Hualapai Lodge) via Diamond Creek Road
- Experienced Paddle Captain trained on river conditions, river rescue, swift water rescue, and emergency medical procedures
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Dry bag to store your personal items
- Lunch and dinner on day one and breakfast and lunch on day two
- Short hike to Travertine Cavern Falls on day one
- Camping along side the river in the Grand Canyon, includes tent and sleeping bags
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses (sunglass rope holders)
- Water-proof phone case (can be purchased at the lodge retail)
- Extra change of clothing (optional)
- Panchos (optional)
- Towel (optional)
WHAT TO WEAR
- You may get wet, don’t wear your Sunday’s best
- Breathable, quick drying clothing
WHERE TO ARRIVE
Check in is at the Hualapai Lodge located at 900 AZ-66, Peach Springs, AZ 86434
WHEN TO ARRIVE
Check in at 6:30am / Depart at 7:00am
Rafters must be 12 years of age and older.
The water is 45° Fahrenheit year-round.
AVAILABLE RAFTING DATES
Rafting tours are offered March thru October.