Whitewater rafting is a thrilling way to experience the Grand Canyon, and whitewater rafting at Grand Canyon West is truly an experience like no other. Hualapai River Runners offers the only 1-day whitewater rafting tours of the Colorado River, as well as 2-day adventures.
In addition to exciting rapids, hiking at Travertine Cavern Falls, local wildlife viewing, and lunch along the banks of the river, rafters will learn about the Hualapai Tribe and their connection to the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River from their certified Hualapai Tribe river guides.
Experience Hualapai Traditions
During your adventure, you’ll get one-of-a-kind, authentic insights into the lifestyle, culture and traditions of the Indigenous people who call the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River home. When you raft with the Hualapai River Runners, these are just some of the things you can expect to learn about during your experience.
- The shelters and homes the Hualapai built along the walls of the Grand Canyon.
- The tribe’s history, including the 1874 La Paz and how the Canyon served as a refuge
- The significance of the Colorado River for the Hualapai and the Yuman language family tribes
- The “Spirit Mountain,” Wikahme myth
- The geology, plant and animal life, and Hualapai historical sites along the river